Frequently Asked Questions
Browse through our FAQs to find answers to most commonly raised questions.
About Pocket Geek Privacy
- How do I download and install Pocket Geek Privacy?
- How do I create an account for Pocket Geek Privacy?
- Does Pocket Geek Privacy work on Windows or Mac?
- Does Pocket Geek Privacy work on smartphones?
- Can I use my Pocket Geek Privacy Account on multiple devices?
- What is a recovery code and how do I use one?
- What is a Master Password and why do I need one?
- The Pocket Geek Privacy Autofill doesn't seem to work on my Android device? What can I do?
- How do I register an account on my iOS device, if I don't see the key in the keyboard?
- What is iCloud Keychain and why should I deactivate it on my iOS device?
- What is the Smartfield Icon on the browser extension and why should I use it?
- How do I export the data from my account?
- What is the “My Account” page?
- Does Pocket Geek Privacy store my Master Password?
- Why should my Master Password be different from my login password for Pocket Geek Privacy?
- What should I do if I have forgotten my Master Password?
- What should I do to protect my data that is in the clear after exporting it?
- The Tracker Filter on my Android app doesn’t seem to be working. What’s happening?
- What is the Tracker Manager and why should I use it?
- What do you mean by “tracker”? Are cookies and trackers the same thing?
- How come I can still see ads even though I blocked all the advertising trackers?
- The webpage I am visiting on my computer doesn't look quite right. Is Pocket Geek Privacy to blame? What can I do?
- How to report an issue, ask a question or suggest an improvement?
- The Safari Extension on my iOS device isn't working. What's going on?
- My Password Manager on my desktop is not automatically saving my login credentials, what can I do?
- My login credentials are not being properly retrieved, what can I do?
- Release Notes - See what's new in our latest version and the history of our improvements
- What’s new in v2.3 (release date: March 16, 2023)
- What was new in v2.2 (release date: December 18, 2022)
- What was new in v2.0 (release date: April 13, 2022)
- What was new in v2.1 (release date: September 8, 2022)